SummerQuest 2022 | Oceans of Possibilities
What is Summer Quest (SQ)?
Adams County Public Libraries are a vital part of our community's learning network. The need for free, high-quality programs for children and youth that are both fun and educational is critical. This is especially true during the summer months, when they are susceptible to what is referred to as the "summer slide". In order to engage the children and youth of Adams County, both physically and mentally, we offer our annual SummerQuest program. There is also a SummerQuest program for adults! Click on the link below for more info on SummerQuest for Adults.
SummerQuest (previously known as Summer Reading) provides participants the opportunity to experience everything the library has to offer through leisure reading, virtual programs, and participation in a variety of activities. Children register for the program and are asked to log the activities they complete. Incentives are offered for the completion of certain activities. This year's theme is 'Oceans of Possibilities'.
In addition to library activities, Adams County Libraries partner with Wellspan to provide a physical activity program called GO (Get Outdoors) Adams! Based on the outdoor hobby of letterboxing, GO Adams! places 15 landmarks (wooden marker posts with a unique etching attached) in various local parks. Children and their families are provided with rubbing sheets to record their visit to the various landmarks. The sheets are then returned to the local libraries, and then on to Wellspan, with the chance to win prizes.
Get your Library Card
- May 25: Early online registration begins on Beanstack
- June 1: Begin recording minutes and GO Adams! begins. Start logging minutes and hikes on Beanstack
- August 13: Last day to log reading minutes in Beanstack
- Logged minutes after this date will not count toward prizes or virtual badges
- August 13: Last day to log GO Adams! parks online and earn entries into the grand prize drawing
Track Your Minutes
Need help using Beanstack? View our Beanstack Tips and Tricks page for helpful tutorials.
Minutes can be counted for any of the following activities:
- Reading/listening to a book, eBook, or audio book
- Attending library programs and events*
- Completing Activities on Beanstack*
- Taking on one of the Go Adams! walks*
*All of these activities count as 20 minutes each!
Earn a prize for every 200 minutes read. Once you complete 800 minutes read, you will earn a free book. Additional books will be awarded for every 200 minutes after reaching the 800 minute goal!
- Rita's Italian Ice & Frozen Custard
- Erie Landmark Company
- Reynolds AV, LLC
- American Legion Post 202
- McSherrystown Home Association
- McSherrystown Loyal Order of Moose Lodge 720