Summer Quest 2020 | Imagine Your Story
What is Summer Quest (SQ)?
Visit our Summer Quest page to learn about our annual summer reading program.
SummerQuest 2020 Changes
While the library doors may be closed, Adams County Libraries are still working hard to provide entertaining and enriching activities to keep your family active all summer long! Since we are not able to host in-person events, we’ve adapted a variety of events for live streaming or on-demand viewing, plus some fun downloadable activities.
This page will be updated all summer long, so be sure to check back often for updates!
We hope to see you in person soon, but in the meantime, visit us online and have a safe and fun summer!
Get your Library Card
In order to take full advatage of our programs and services, we encourage every child to have his or her own library card. Sign up for your card online. If libraries are open, stop by your local library to apply.
- May 17: Early online registration begins on Beanstack
- May 30: Begin recording minutes
- July 1: GO Adams! Hikes Open: Begin logging hikes on Beanstack
- August 9: Last day to log reading minutes in Beanstack
- Logged minutes after this date will not count toward prizes or virtual badges
- August 30: Last day to log GO Adams parks online and earn entries into the grand prize drawing
View our SummerQuest 2020 Newspaper
The Summer Quest 2020 Newspaper is coming soon! Check back to see the full newspaper.
Countywide Online Programs
As our libraries have adapted their summer activities and events to online settings, there are a range of places you will find our Summer Quest Activities. Use this guide to help you find the program or activity you’re looking for!
Live Streaming Events
Watch LIVE programs securely through Zoom! Click on the names of the programs below to find an upcoming session.
Note: All live streaming events require Registration through the events calendar.
- Ryan the BugMan | All Ages
- STEAM Mobile | All Ages
- Girls Go STEAM Summer Spectacular | Grades K-5 and 6-12
- June 22 - June 25, Grades K-5, 1:30pm (Carroll Valley, Gettysburg, Littlestown, and New Oxford)
- June 22 - June 25, Grades 6 - 12, 3:00pm (Carroll Valley, Gettysburg, Littlestown, and New Oxford)
- July 27 - July 30, Grades K - 5, 10:00am (Harbaugh~Thomas, Trone Memorial)
- July 27 - July 30, Grades 6 - 12, 11:30am (Harbaugh~Thomas, Trone Memorial)
- Author A. S. King | Ages 8 and above
- Premiering on Youth Services at Adams County Library Facebook
- Available to watch & download online
Online Activities & Challenges
- Activity Challenges on Beanstack
- LEGO Challenges on Facebook | Ages 6+
- Hiking Challenges on Instagram | Teens
Virtual Teen Program
Track Your Minutes
To win any of our big prizes, be sure to log your minutes. You can download a printable tracking sheet (2020 printable sheet coming soon) or log your minutes in our digital tracking service, Beanstack. (Mobile App also available for Apple and Android)
Need help using Beanstack? View our Beanstack Tips and Tricks page for helpful tutorials.
Minutes can be counted for any of the following activities:
- Reading/listening to a book, eBook, or audio book
- Attending library programs and events*
- Completing Activities on Beanstack*
- Taking on one of the Go Adams! walks*
*All of these activities count as 20 minutes each!
This year's prizes will be unveiled soon!
Prize distribution may be modified this year due to library closures. More information is coming soon.
Go Adams! Starts July !!
GO Adams! 2020 will begin on July 1, and end on August 30, 2020. The ‘GO and Find Your Story’ Activity Challenge will be available on Beanstack during this time.
GO Adams officially starts on Wednesday, July 1st and runs through Sunday, August 30th. You will have until Saturday, September 5th to enter your info into Beanstack. We will still issue rubbing sheets, but we will not be collecting them this year. You will earn credit for hikes by entering 4-digit codes, which are on the posts, into Beanstack through your local library. By doing this, we can eliminate people from touching the post (unless you choose to do the rubbing), but you will not turn that sheet in.
Given that the libraries are still not open for full utilization, books and rubbing sheets will be available at all six library locations beginning July 1st.
- One book per family, as in years past
- One rubbing sheet for each child, as in past years
- Registration for the ACLS Summer Quest program is required for participation, as in years past
- GO Adams materials materials will be available during our Library to Go hours
- Signs will alert participants about the above rules
- A sign-up sheet will also be there asking for participant name, age, and phone number.
Additionally, the website www.goadams.org will go live as of midnight Tuesday, June 30 (or first thing Wednesday, July 1, morning). You can always download hikes and clues from there.
We will continue to provide updates on park accessibility and materials as we move forward.
Gear up folks - the hiking is about to start. So, enjoy your hikes, adhere to the safety guidelines, and above all else, be safe and have fun.