Log Reading & Activities with Beanstack
Used for various Adams County Libraries' programs, Beanstack is the go-to source for logging and discovering books, tracking your reading, and participating in reading challenges and activities.
Follow the steps on this page for tips and tutorials on using Beanstack!
Before You Begin
To take full advantage of all our services, we encourage everyone to obtain an Adams County Library Card. If you need a library card, submit an online form and we will send you your card as soon as possible!
Create an Account
Create an account online or on mobile via the Beanstack Tracker App (available from the Apple Store or Google Play Store). If registering from the mobile app, be sure to search for "Adams County Library System" to locate our libraries's programs.
Tip: If you have an existing account but are having difficulty logging in, try using the last 4 or six digits of your library card as your password.
Join a Challenge on Beanstack
After you create an account, you now have access to all of the Adams County Libraries' Beanstack challenges!
Join Challenges on Mobile App
For instructions on joining a challenge on the Beanstack Tracker app, watch this short video.
Join Challenges on the Website
To register for a challenge on your desktop computer or online:
1. Make sure you are viewing the profile of the reader you wish to enroll in a program. You should see the name of the reader in the top left corner.
2. Click on the "Challenges" tab
3. Click on the "Current Challenges" tab
4. If a program is available for the selected reader, you will see them here. Select "Register For This Challenge" to enroll.
Please Note: Some challenges offer pre-registration. Minutes logged prior to the challenge's start date will not count towards challenge goals.
Log Your Reading & Activities
Whether you are enrolled in a challenge or not, you can log your reading at any time!
If you have signed up for emails in your Account Settings, you will receive emails including suggestions for new books based on the ones you have already read.
Don't forget! If you are logging Activities during Summer Quest, each activity you complete counts as 20 minutes of reading. Be sure to add those minutes separately to your challenge log.
Log Reading & Activities on Mobile
View short video tutorials on
Log Reading & Activities on the Website
To Add to your log on a desktop computer or online:
1. Click the purple "Log Reading and Activities" button in the top left corner of your screen
2. Select the name of the reader (or all readers) you wish to add reading and actvities for
3. Choose the "log type" you wish to add: minutes, books, or activities
4. Fill out the Log Form with dates, minutes, etc and select "Log"
Contact email@example.com for assistance.