Volunteer Position - Processing
Job Summary: Prepares books and other materials for circulation.
Locations: Gettysburg Library
Need: Hours available Monday - Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm. Volunteers generally work 2 hours per week.
● Covering hardcovers.
● Taping paperbacks.
● Is dependable and punctual
● Records volunteer hours
● Maintains a positive, friendly and cooperative attitude and provides consistent customer service
● Upholds all library policies and procedures of the Adams County Library System
● Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Knowledge of alphabetical and numerical system
● Ability to learn to operate relevant computer systems and office machines
● Ability to maintain and organize library materials
● Ability to complete repetitious tasks with complete accuracy
● Ability to maintain confidentiality
● Ability to work independently and dependable to complete routine tasks
● Ability to effectively communicate with others
Education and Experience
● Completion of 10th grade education with ability to read, write and understand instructions.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
● Work requires moderate physical effort. Work also involves standing or walking up to 50% of the time.