Thank you for your interest in volunteering! The library system relies on volunteers like you to continue supporting lifelong learning in Adams County.
Please visit your local branch to complete a Prospective Volunteer Form. The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to discuss opportunities and interests, and we'll provide all the training and supplies you'll need to do a particular task are provided by the library.
Please note, that all volunteers must provide clearances to the library system. To view the required clearances, click here.
All we ask is a willing hand and a friendly smile.
Volunteer duties may Include:
- Shelving books or other library materials like CD’s, audio books, or movies
- Cleaning books and dusting shelving
- “Reading the shelves” to be sure books are in the correct location
- Pulling books for rotation to other libraries in our system
- Providing computer data entry, such as library card applications
- Teaching computer classes
- Repairing books (Technical Services Department)
- Preparing new books for circulation-adding plastic covers, reinforcing spines and edges with tape, stamping and embossing items with our identification (Technical Services Department)
- Preparing old books for leaving the collection (Technical Services Department)
- Boxing books for the Friends Sale (Technical Services Department)
- Assembling a memory scrapbook for the library
- Planning and conducting preschool story times
- Proofreading library materials
- Organizing and assembling craft projects for children’s activities
- Sponsoring a library program
- Supporting the Summer Reading Club by assisting with crafts and special programs
- Keeping the supply of income tax forms and booklets available for the public (seasonal)
- Straightening the magazine donations
- Cleaning movie and musical CD cases