Installing the 3M Cloud Library App on a Kindle or Kindle HD using Slideme.org
These instructions are to be used as a reference only. Please note that by downloading the 3M Cloud Library app you assume all risk of data loss or system damage to your device. By downloading the application and installing it using this method, it will not automatically update to any newer versions. In order to update you will have to uninstall the current version and install the newer version using the same procedure.
1 – First, turn on this option:
Regular Kindle Fires:
1. Go to the settings menu on the Kindle Fire (it is the gear icon at the top) on some Kindles you will have to swipe down from the top of the screen to get the “Quick Settings” menu and tap “More”.
2. Choose “Device” (on some Kindles you will have to choose Settings then Device.
3. Turn on the switch for “Allowing Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources.”
Newer Kindle Fire HD:
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen. This pulls up the “Quick Settings” menu.
2. Tap “More.”
3. Choose “Settings” then “Device.”
4. Turn on the option to “Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources.”
2 – Now, Install the 3M Cloud App:
1. Go to the browser on your Kindle Fire and visit SlideMe.org. If asked if you wish to view the site in mobile format, say Yes.
2. Use the search box to find 3M Cloud
3. When you’ve found the 3M Cloud Library app, tap the “Free” button.
4. This pulls up the 3M Cloud Library app’s page–tap “Download.”
Note: if you see anything requesting a login, scroll past it, this is not required.
5. Finalize installation:
•Kindle Fire: A little number icon will appear in a circle at the top of the display (see picture below) when the download is complete. Tap the number and follow the on screen instructions to finish installation. On some Kindles you will have to swipe from the top to see the Quick Settings screen.
•Kindle Fire HD: if the app does not begin to install automatically, swipe from the top to see the Quick Settings area again. You should see a notification for com.txtr.android.mmm. Tap the down arrow on the left and then at the bottom of the screen tap Install to start downloading the app.
To open the app right now tap the Open button at the bottom of the screen or just tap Done.
The Cloud Library app will show up on the home page of the Fire now.
Open up the app, select your state, library and enter your Library barcode and PIN.