- Renew Materials
- Find It
- Using the Library
- Get to Know Us
- Friends of the Library
- Board of Trustees
Meeting Room Policy
The mission of the Adams County Library System is to provide all county residents access to library materials and information services that address the needs and expand the aspirations of the community for formal and lifelong learning, enrichment and pleasure.
The purpose of the meeting rooms of the Adams County Library System is to provide space for educational, civic, cultural and government groups to meet free of charge. The Adams County Library System and the Friends of the Adams County Library System will have preference for the scheduling of activities in the Meeting Rooms.
Rules and Regulations
- Meetings must take place within the hours of 9 AM to 8 PM, Monday through Thursday, 9 AM to 4:30 PM on Friday and Saturday and 1 PM to 4:30 PM on Sunday. If the library closes for inclement weather or other emergencies, the party will be notified that the room is not available that day.
- Unless a representative of local, state or federal government, the individual making arrangements for the use of the room shall be a resident of Adams County.
- Library programs takes precedence over outside programs. The Library reserves the right to cancel any programs with at least three days notice if the room needs to be used for a library program.
- All programs/meetings must be open to the public (except lawful closed sessions of governmental bodies)
- No administrative fees will be charged or donations taken at the programs/meetings except for fees for conference programs or educational courses sponsored by the Library.
- No goods or services shall be sold, nor shall there be any solicitations on the premises of the Library except by the Library.
- All publicity must list the name of the organization sponsoring the meeting. The Library shall not be named as a sponsor of any event without its written permission.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group or its programs.
- Neither the name nor address of the Library shall be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization.
- Light refreshments, but no alcoholic beverages, may be served. The group is responsible for clean up and removal of all trash after the meeting, and for leaving the meeting room in the condition in which it was found.
- The registrant is responsible to pay for damages to Library equipment, furniture, or facilities that occur during the meeting.
- If an event is canceled, the registrant shall notify the Library as soon as possible so the room may be rescheduled for another use.
- The Library is not responsible for loss of items left on the premises.
- Groups not sponsored by the Adams County Library System must restrict their meetings and associated activities to the meeting room while in the library building.
- Activity and noise levels in the meeting room during meetings must not disrupt or disturb regular library activities.
- Smoking is not allowed in the Library.
- It is within the Library Director's discretion to have the police or security personnel present during a use of the Meeting Room.
- Users of the Meeting Room must abide by all local, state, and federal laws, ordinances, and regulations.
- The registrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Library and all its officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, demands, suits, causes of action or judgments, any person may have as a result of any damages suffered while utilizing the Meeting Room.
- Any violation of these rules and regulations may result in an order to vacate the premises immediately and/or suspension of the privilege of using the Meeting Room in the future.